Wednesday, May 5, 2010

20 Days Left and A Possible Referral

Over the last few weeks I've been making phone calls to colleges and following up on scholarships. These phone calls must be made during regular business hours which also happen to be regular school hours. I've used my time in the locker room to place most of these calls and it's never been a problem. Today, the locker monitor said "I need your phone. You're not allowed to be on it during school hours." I reminded her that she's seen me use my phone everyday in the locker room and it's never been an issue. She demanded I hand her my phone, again. I've known many students who have had their phones taken away and they have never seen them again. The administration tries to assure us they are looking into the matter. I chose to keep my phone and run. This action risks a permanent referral on my transcript. With only 20 days left in high school, a permanent referral for a 'good kid' seems cruel...but that's High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment